Friday, October 7, 2011

A Soup Opera

If you have heard a fourth grader walking around and singing in an operatic voice such phrases as, "What seems to be the problem here?" and "I can't eat this soup!" it's all my fault!  This week we enjoyed a fun book written by Jim Gill called "A Soup Opera".  The title says it all.  A man walks into a restaurant and orders a bowl of soup, but he is unable to eat it.  All of the dialogue is carried out in operatic singing.

I didn't actually read the book to the students.  I played the CD while I turned the pages.  No one would want to hear me sing an opera...it wouldn't be pretty.  I found a YouTube video of the opera being performed in front of a live audience, complete with an orchestra and everything.  The director is author Jim Gill himself!

Anyway, enjoy a bowl of "A Soup Opera"!


No comments:

Post a Comment