Saturday, September 24, 2011

Student Council

I am SO glad that I am not a student in Room 148!!  Why?  If I were a student in Room 148 then I would have had to vote in yesterday's Student Council election.  That would have been nearly impossible!

We had an unprecedented number of students interested in representing our class this year.  Ten brave young leaders stepped up to the challenge.  Ten!  That's half of the class!  They all wrote fabulous speeches, and overcame their nervousness to get up in front of the class and explain why they would make a great Student Council representative.  They were all well-prepared. They were all convincing.  I would be thrilled and proud to have any of them represent my classroom.

Thank you to Olivia, Daniel, Ashlee, MacKenzie, Janessa, Paige, Mackenzey, Carly, Ruby and Mayanna!  You have all taken a huge risk, and I really appreciate it!  It's a sad and unfortunate fact of life that sometimes we put our hearts and souls into something, only to be disappointed.  Don't give up!  There will be many more opportunities for you to serve as you progress through your school careers.  Our immediate challenge is to find other ways to be leaders and to make good things happen in Room 148 this year.

Congratulations to Student Council representative Daniel, and alternate Mayanna.  I know you will do a great job!

I'm just glad I didn't have to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment