Wednesday, August 31, 2011

'Twas the Day Before School...

Alright...who took my summer?!?!?!  It's time for the annual utterance of those magic words, "I can't believe that tomorrow is the first day of school!"  24 hours from now, Oaklawn Elementary will be teeming with nervous children and excited parents.  Meeting teachers, dropping off supplies, choosing the perfect spot to sit, all in anticipation of what is to come.
I love the first day of school orientation.  It gives me a chance to meet my new students (most of whom I knew as 3rd Graders!) and, more importantly, I get a chance to get acquainted with parents and grandparents and siblings and whoever else shows up at school.  Making that initial connection is so important for building a relationship that will last for the next ten months or so.
So here we go...a good year to all, and to all a good year!

This is exactly how I remember the first day of school, minus the butler and the rich dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment